Now that Ardipithecus has descended from heaven to join us mortals, who is grumbling the worst?
- Nature. After a long run of Middle Awash articles through the 1990's and 2000's, what did they do to lose this one?
- Toumaï. If Ardi had a primitive apelike postcranium, how bipedal could this 7-million-year-old fossil have been?
- Morphometricians. Lovejoy accuses them of ignoring both "careful comparative anatomy" and evo-devo. That's bound to leave a mark.
- Chimpanzees. OK, the chimps don't care -- but they're looking more and more irrelevant to interpreting early hominins.
- Anybody else working on early hominin locomotion. Back to the drawing board. </ul>